Tuesday, October 2, 2007

A little interview lovin' Part 1

I recently volunteered to be interviewed by Josie from "Picking up the Pieces". (One day I'll learn how to link, I swear.) Josie put some time and some love into the questions, so I will do my best to return the thoughtful favor. And with that being said, here we go!

1. I heard a rumor that in some ways your childhood was deprived... something about not ever tasting a S'more until your adult years! Can you tell me about your first experience with S'mores? What other amazing things have you encountered for the first time since officially becoming an adult?

Ahhhh...S'mores! I believe I was 21ish when I had my first yummy s'more. Many years ago we spent like every weekend over at Spot's house having some BBQ critter, chillin, and hanging out. The kids were all pretty young and got along pretty darn good at their ages...well, DJ had not blessed the world yet but the others had. One weekend we were around the firepit and they whipped out graham crackers, marshmellows, and chocolate bars. I pondered the ingredients that sat next to us by the fire, then I was told just what in the hell they were for. Me being the sweet toothed junkie that I am exclaimed that I had never had one of the so called "s'mores" but I was up for an experiment. My announcement over never hearing of nor having a s'more brought about much teasing...then I tried one and was hooked. Those damn things are yummy as hell! I ate more s'mores that night than I care to ever tell anybody about. lmao I was so sweetly full that I felt sick. But worth every moment of it. The kids and I often make them now, even if it is s'mores by candle light. =)

Some other things I didn't try before being an adult...

Camping. The first time I went camping in anything other than a cabin was when I was 22. Different, borderline fun, but nothing I would go out of my way to do again.

Seafood. Blech!

Driving a car. I was 18 when Frank took it upon himself to teach me how to drive. So anytime he bitches about my driving, I kindly remind him who my teacher was.

Having a job. I was 20 when I got my first job. I left that job within four months but returned many years later and am still with the company, just different ownership than before.

Ummmm...I think that's it. If not, Frank and Spot will remind me and I'll add to the list. lol

11 comments:

  1. Now ya'll know how I hooked this woman. While you and I know she could do better, she is so sheltered SHE doesn't know she could do better!

    Other things you didn't try until you were an adult? I know there are lots of them but none are coming to me.

    Love ya.


    Great question Josie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I owe my thanks to Spot for this bit of insider information. When he told me, I cracked up laughing. Lord, that IS a sheltered upbringing! hehe Sounds like you got into the sticky goodness once you were properly educated! :-) Here in the Southwest there are many food that I never tasted growing up - no grits, no biscuits and gravy, no menudo, and no black eyed peas. So I guess you could say I'm deprived too! At least everyone here thought so!

    You don't like seafood? So what is it you plan to order when we go to Red Lobster after my release from jail? Possibly the cheese bisquits - they are THE BEST! :-)

    I'm not a camping affecionado either Chele, give my my potty and my shower and I'm happy!

    This was a fun read, great answers! (And no, I didn't dare ask Frank a question like this - Lord only knows where it might have led! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Red Lobster has the best french fries and the best tarter sauce. Put the two together and it's pure heaven! Mmmmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, I've never tried the french fries, too busy scarfing down the lobster and crab legs and stuffing in the bisquits! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. To anybody who likes french fries, I highly recommend my two favorite dips for them. Tarter sauce or a chocolate milkshake. Mmmmmmm...just not mixed together...blech! They are both far tastier than ketchup.

    ReplyDelete
  6. holy crap.. i thought i was the only one who dipped my fries in a shake!!! vanilla though. hmmm. how cool is that. and tartar sauce too. but like you.. never at the same time. gag me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pratique algum desapego emocional quando você está atravessando suas continuações diárias. play bazaar satta king

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hum Apni Zindgai To Kya Apni Rooh Bhi Unke Naam Kar Dete, Ek Baar Apne Andaaze Mohabbat Ka Ikraar Kar Lete; play bazaar satta king

    ReplyDelete
  9. play bazaar

    Play bazaar
    satta king After an acupuncture session, it is normal for some people to feel a sensation of numbness. This typically subsides after a few hours, and sometimes self-massage can help. The body is adjusting to this new form of therapy and learning to redirect energy, and that is where the numbness sometimes comes in. Do not be afraid of it unless it is long-lasting, and if it is, consult with your practitioner.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Numerous individuals have thought about putting resources into land, yet aren't sure where to start. AAPKI NEWS
    AAP KI NEWS

    ReplyDelete
  11. play bazaar
    play bazaar Typically, you will pay only what you can afford or agree to a bulk payment for several treatments.

    ReplyDelete