Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Some Josie lovin' Part 2

2. You have written that "It's best to make a decision, stick with it, and learn from it if it was the good decision to make or not." We all have a few regrets. If you could have one "Undo" in your life, what moment in your past would you use it for? What is the worst decision you have ever made, and what did you learn from that experience? What has been the best decision? If one of your children was making a decision that you strongly disagreed with, at what point would you intervene?

Hmmm, if I could have one "undo". I honestly don't think I would use my "undo" for any moment in my life. Everything I have done or experienced helped make me who I am today, and I am pretty comfortable and satisfied with who I am. Sure I have said things in the past that I probably shouldn't have said, but were they things that were true? Yes, and rose coloring things just are not necessary at times.

The worst decision I ever made? When Frank and I were both 19 we bought a car that we should have never bought. We had no apartment and were still living with his father. We should have gotten an apartment and then a car. Deciding to do a voluntary reposession was a hard decision to make, but it had to be done. We just didn't think things thru on that one...but it was a nice car while we had it.

As for one of our kids making a decision that I strongly disagree with, I'm not sure at what point I would say something. I would most likely offer my opinon. If they wanted it, I would share it in a polite way so they would not think that I was judging them. If they didn't want it, then I would caution them to seriously think things thru. However, if it were something that could cause somebody harm or be in any way against the law, then all bets are off and I would definately offer up my advice to them and encourage them to choose wisely. Forcing them to do things "my way" I think would make them resent me and possibly just force them into doing as I would like them not to do.

Regret is something that we all live with. The biggest regret that I feel people face is the regret of not doing something when they should have. That's why I feel it is best to make a decision and go with it. The worst that will happen is you will have learned that you made the wrong decision, but that's how we learn. I feel that if we don't make decisions and go for them we might one day realize that we lived to regret that we didn't regret to live. That make sense to anybody but me?

9 comments:

  1. I dont believe in regret. Its a waste of time. Live and learn, not live and regret having done it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tend to agree with you Chele - I know if I did "undo" one "mistake", I would have just made others. Life is a learning process, and like you - my choices have made me who I am.

    Ahh, my 2nd husband and I did a similar bad decision because we wanted a new car. Should have spent far less money repairing the trustworthy Toyota instead. That new car was the death of our financial situation. We didn't think it thru well either, but I learned from it. Never rush into buying anything - especially something that stretches your budget!

    You are a wise Mom in realizing that if you tell kids what to do and not to do they will just rebel. (I know I did! :-) Expressing your opinion and offering some insight goes over far better. Bottom line - we all have to learn the consequences of our decisions - either when we are younger or in harder ways when we get older. For sure, if the kids were into something dangerous, you'd step in, I know that's a given. I guess that's where the line is!

    I am so with you about regret. When people grow old there are far more regrets over what they didn't do than what they did. I'd rather err on the side of going for it!

    Excellent answers - smart woman (but then I already knew that)! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww, you two make me blush. Thank you guys. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tente ter uma pele mais espessa play bazaar satta king quando você está lidando com suas emoções. Se você tem sentimentos fortes sobre algo, você é mais provável sentir negativo sobre algo e preocupação, que conduz às edições sérias da ansiedade. play bazaar satta king

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ki Tujhko Yaad Rakhne Mein Main Kya-Kya Bhool Jata Hun, Abhi Mashroof Hun Kafi Kabhi Fursat Mein Sochunga; play bazaar satta king

    ReplyDelete
  6. Affiliate marketing can be a very profitable way to Play Bazar make money. Instead of actually owning the products, you refer people to buy them and make a commission off of it. One easy way to do this Play Bazar would be to post your website or product on a forum or blog in order to get the most people possible.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Add a heat treatment to your daily routine following your acupuncture treatment. Acupuncture enhances the flow of your internal processes. If you have pain following acupuncture, the application of ice is contraindicated. The heat will complement your acupuncture treatment.
    play bazaar

    Play bazaar
    satta king

    ReplyDelete
  8. Recall the tips right now accomplish more research so you may have the most ideal experience.AAPKI NEWS
    AAP KI NEWS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Many practitioners offer this service, as they realize the health benefits offered by this therapy. play bazaar
    play bazaar

    ReplyDelete