Friday, September 7, 2007

The worst week with the best husband

Last weekend was super, duper great after a crappy start. I pulled a double shift on Friday so that I could have Saturday off and go back to school shopping with the kids and hubby. I get home about 3:30am and crawl into bed after unwinding a bit. I think it was like 4:30am or so. Then I hear a tiny whisper "When are we going shopping?"

Peeking at the clock I see it's only 8am, so I smile at the excited teenager and tell her in a few hours. Skip ahead to 10am and repeat the same tiny whisper "When are we going shopping?"

Well hell, I can't kill her enthusiasm so I tell her to make sure her brothers are up and I'll get Daddy up.

We hit the road before 11 and don't get home until just after 8pm. TONS of shopping bags with more than enough crap for three kids to go back to school. I'm off to bed because I had to be at work twelve hours from then.

Work my usual nine hour shift on Sunday and then come home and do about ten loads of laundry for the back to school stuff. See, I told you that we bought way too much!

Then off to work on Monday with a tiny tickle in my chest. Labor Day Monday in a restaurant...CRAZY!!! But it was a good day. The hubby even finished up the laundry for me while I was at work.

Tuesday...oh hell! I head to work after waking up feeling like crap. It's our time for our "Team Meeting" which means I have to gather paperwork, drive an hour away, sit thru a meeting, and then drive back home. I barely made it home because I felt like such poopie I had a wicked time keeping my eyes open. I couldn't breathe. I couldn't stop coughing. My eyes were watering. Wretched day that extended into the night.

Wednesday I took the day off work, mostly because I was up the whole night before coughing and tossing my cookies. I laid at home all day wondering how soon I would just die from being so miserably sick. Hubby of mine brought home some medicine for me, thank goodness! Then the most precious thing happened.

He walked me to bed after giving me some medicine to help me sleep, layed a cool towel on my head, and massaged my aching body as I fell asleep! And it is with little surprise that I awoke feeling so much better. While not back to normal yet, with the loving care of an amazing husband I feel much better...and can almost breathe normal again.

Two months in a row with two colds? What's that about? I'm never sick! If it happens next month I really hope the hubby is still patient with me.

Well, I'm off to rest some more and moderate the argument with the girl and the hubby. She wormed her way into playing the game he is heavily addicted to and now he's kinda pouting but does not have the heart to shove her off his computer. Shhhhhh...don't tell him that I am letting his soft side out.

10 comments:

  1. Nothing is worse than having to work when you feel sick and miserable and really wish you could just die instead, Chele... so glad you are on the mend again.
    Maybe now you have filled your sick quota for awhile!

    You do indeed have one of the good guys... helps with the laundry, takes care of you when you are sick, and doesn't boot the kid off the puter so he can play on it instead. I guess you're just gonna have to keep him! :-) (Yes, we have noted little glimpses of that marshmallow center he tries so hard to hide.)

    Hope you have a great weekend, tho I suppose for you that means work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chele,

    I hope you're feeling much better. This is my first time on your blog, though I read the hub's pretty regularly (that's how I got here).

    It is wonderful to read how much you two love each other. His soft side always comes out when it comes to you and your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for stopping by, and LOVE the name menopauseprincess!

    I am with you Josie, my sick days should be fulfilled for quite some time to come as this one has lasted nearly a week so far. And yup, taking two days off for the cold means that I have the lovely Friday to Thursday work stretch. Then next weekend off for my mom's Relay for Life team that the kids and I are apart of.

    Which reminds me...I'll have to get a pic of our lovely Miss Relay contestant on here! lmao For those who don't know what Miss Relay is, it's where a gentleman dresses up as a lady to get donations and the "lady" with the largest donation wins a crown. But more importantly, all the donations go to help fight cancer. Frank was by far the pretties Miss Relay, even named himself "Barbie". *giggles*

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pic will definitely be worth coming back for, Chele! :-) Sounds like the perfect assignment for your guy... and what a great cause! Barbie huh? Do you think he will blog about this "alter ego" thing? hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Faça algum tempo para listar tudo o que contribui para o seu stress. Liste as coisas mutáveis satta king play bazaar em uma seção e as coisas inevitáveis em outra.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is in your best interest. Play Bazar Many people are brand loyal and
    satta king making sure you cover all your bases will make sure that you are making money through your affiliates.

    ReplyDelete
  7. satta king Take it easy on making bold claims that you cannot back up when promoting your affiliate products. Play Bazar If you're lying about benefits of the product, customers are eventually going to find out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. satta king
    play bazaar Acupuncture can relieve stress in the long term. If you have a hard time coping with your stressful lifestyle, consider meeting with your acupuncturist a couple of times a month. You will notice an improvement in the long term but keep in mind that you will also have to make some changes to your lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Take a gander at land speculation trusts. Working a lot of like common assets, you can put what subsidizes you have accessible into a bigger gathering pool and still bring in some cash off of land contracts. AAPKI NEWS
    AAP KI NEWS

    ReplyDelete
  10. satta king
    play bazaar While acupuncture has been proven to be a very safe technique,

    ReplyDelete