Thursday, April 12, 2012

Ultrasound Day

So today was my ultrasound and I was an obedient little patient. I was told to drink 32 ounces of water one hour prior to my ultrasound so that my bladder would be pretty full and make the images easier to see.

One hour prior to my ultrasound I had to pee like you would not believe! So I did what I had to do since there was no way I would make it another hour on that bladder. After much relief, I felt guilty so I drank about 26 ounces more.

Skip ahead one hour, I'm sitting in the waiting room and in so much need of a potty break that I was worried I was going to wet my pants!

Finally, the ultrasound tech comes to get me and I told her that I was feeling pretty uncomfortable and my bladder was super full even though I had just gone an hour before. She said that she would try to be fast so that I could go potty and feel better but it was important to have a full bladder so that imaging would be easier.

I unbuttoned my jeans, slid my pants down a little bit, and slowly eased back onto the table so that I would not wet myself right then and there. As I laid down, I noticed a huge bump in my belly and thought "Oh my lord is that my bladder poking up?"

Nancy, the technician, squirted some warm lube on my tummy and then looked to make sure she had put enough on ...then she laughed! "Honey, your bladder is definitely full. I can see it protruding upwards."

I told her I had been a good girl and drank the amount of water I had been told to drink. It was then that she told me that somebody my size should only drink 16-18 ounces for ultrasounds since I don't have enough excess tissue/fat in my body to help absorb it all. Well, that was news to me but did NOT help my dire feeling of "I have got to go!"

She very gently and very quickly took a few images all while giggling at how much my bladder was poking up. I honestly looked like I was a few months pregnant! After about five minutes, she happily informed me I could use the potty before we continued. Oh the relief!

The test results will be back next week but things did not appear too far out of the normal so she did not have to code it a "Hold and Read" which would have made me wait for the doctor to read the images.

In the past several years I've tried to get into shape and lose weight. My mind sees me as something other than the size 12 I am but my self-esteem is pretty high. I am comfortable in my skin and do not fret over what I eat or how much I eat. I know I need to work out so that I have more muscles, but I don't stress out over it. To hear somebody call me "small" completely made my day!

All in all, a good day so far. But now I have to tinkle again!

31 comments:

  1. Sounds like an all together successful event! And somehow I get the feeling you have a greater appreciation for peeing right now. It is a rather satisfying sensation to go when you really need to!

    Hope the results come back soon so you can put all this behind you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so totally do have a much greater appreciation for being able to to tinkle when needed. Something you just don't know enough to appreciate until you are told you can't do it. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you're results will be back quickly...and that you can now pee whenever you'd like again! Isn't that boost just great! Good for you, Chele =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'll post an update as soon as one is available.

      Delete
  3. You survived it, and definitely better than I would have... when I have to pee, I HAVE to pee, there is no holding it. At least worrying about that took your mind off worrying about test results, and I'm glad you got sent home too. On test day, no news is good news. Will be glad when you get the final results from your doc and can breathe easier. Another time you'll know not to float the boat... geesh, they could have told you that!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! But the look on the technician's face when she saw my swollen bump was too funny. Although I did try hard to not giggle due to my fear of flooding her room!

      Delete
  4. Why is it if I say you're small, it does nothing at all for you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reading this post made me have to pee! Not sure what the ultrasound is for but I hope the doc gives you some good news!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, hope you're well :)

    I have a special request if you're interested. I've made a birthday blog for a friend of mine - and I'm hoping everyone will stop by for a visit and help make it a success. Here's the link if it's something you feel like stopping by.

    http://bestexoticmarigoldhotel.blogspot.in/

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Usually they'll let you relieve yourself a bit if you feel so full. Tell em you have to next time.

    ReplyDelete

  8. This is very good blog spot where you can find best knowledge
    about bhakti to know more please visit our website
    bhaKti Bhajan
    Religion Bhajan

    ReplyDelete
  9. thisb isb superb artical best knowledge Play Bazaar visit our site to live gaming result Play Bazaar

    ReplyDelete
  10. Create a consistent schedule at work that you and others can count on. Many employers want to have a sense of consistency with their employees. They will put their trust you more when they're aware of what to expect. Be very specific with your work hours and lunch time. If adjustments are necessary, tell your supervisor as soon as possible.bhakti Bhajan
    Religion Bhajan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Use Play Bazaar stones, and pebbles to decrease the amount of grass on your lawn. Stones and pebbles are attractive additions to any yard, and they do not require regular maintenance. Grass requires regular mowing, watering, and fertilizing. Reducing the amount of grass in your yard can help to save you time, and Satta King energy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Satta King Balancing your exercises in this way will help to work out the muscles that are neglected during the presses, which will in turn lead you to bulk up faster and increase your Play Bazaar strength.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Excellent article. It is Very interesting to read. I really love to read such a nice article.
    Thanks! keep rocking. Satta King

    ReplyDelete
  14. One Play Bazaar important aspect of surgeon research prior to cosmetic surgery is an investigation of the surgeon's malpractice history. You want to know if he or she has had any claims filed against him or her. Although any surgeon may end up with a dissatisfied patient, multiple claims would be a big red Satta King flag.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The best thing in the essay ideas is that, there must be written to the point so that things may be generated well. ganga cassettes

    ReplyDelete
  16. A good way to make money online is by publishing your own book. If writing is something you'd like to do, you're going to love that you can sell Satta King Internet Marketing Tips That Are Easy To Follow Play Bazaar the books you write on Amazon. This is a great way to create a passive income.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mohabbat Hindi Love Shayari In English At Poetry Tadka play bazaar Dur Na Jaya Karo Dil Tadap satta kingJake Samandar Ke Kinare Tum... Apne Hathon Me Pani Utha Lena... Jitna Tum Utha Lo Wo Tumhari.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your diet should reflect your commitment to your network marketing business. Eat foods that allow you to feel light, positive, and full of energy. Vegetables and fruit will keep you going, and a high fiber diet will keep you on the computer and out of the loo. The better you feel, the better you can run your business. Satta King Great Tips For Boosting Your Internet Marketing Success Play Bazaar

    ReplyDelete
  19. Baat Kuch Bhi Na Ho Aur Dil play bazaar satta king
    Mein Tamasha Lag Jaye, Yun Bhi Hota Hai Ki Yak Dam Koi Achha Lag Jaye;

    ReplyDelete
  20. Find opportunities to build your leadership. Facebook is great for building leadership in specific niches. Find opportunities to share your expert knowledge in the area of you specialization. This can help your brand get introduced to lots of new people where you could possibly get more potential fans. Play Bazaar Handy Information About The World Of Facebook Marketing Satta King

    ReplyDelete
  21. satta king
    play bazaar If your health insurance doesn't currently cover acupuncture, write a letter to your insurance agency. Better yet, if you're on a corporate insurance plan, ask your human resources director to write a letter stipulating the desire for acupuncture to be added. Many plants don't currently cover it, but you can make a difference in working towards it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Never surrender! Land contributing is certainly not a straightforward thing to bounce into. There's a long way to go, and you ought to expect many knocks and wounds en route. AAPKI NEWS
    AAP KI NEWS

    ReplyDelete
  23. satta king
    play bazaar Make sure you don't have anything important scheduled after your appointment so that you can get rest if you need it.

    ReplyDelete

  24. Nice Post Your content is very inspiring and appriciating I really like it please visit my site for Satta King Matka and Satta king disawar or for super fast result satta king delhi also checkout my site Matka Result you can also visit out site satta king result visit us on satta king faridabad satka matka satka my new site SattaKing

    ReplyDelete
  25. Önemli giriş adreslerine buradan ulaşabilirsiniz.
    betturkey giriş
    betpark giriş
    PQA

    ReplyDelete